[ncl-install] ncl installation

Xin Wen xinwen at udel.edu
Mon Sep 27 15:38:15 MDT 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to install NCL on my MacOS. By now, I already finished steps of :

   - Install XQuartz
   - Install gcc and gfortran
   - Go to list of available NCL binaries on the Climate Data Gateway
   - Choose and download the right NCL binary for your MacOSX system

When I try to install NCL from a downloaded binary, it recommends the
following two command lines on the website.

    mkdir /usr/local/ncl-6.6.2
    tar -zxf ~/Downloads/ncl_ncarg-6.6.2-MacOS_10.13_64bit_gnu730.tar.gz
-C /usr/local/ncl-6.6.2

However, this 'mkdir /usr/local/ncl-6.6.2' permission was denied.
Could you please help me with this?

BTW, my gfortran version is 'GNU Fortran (GCC) 10.2.0', and gcc
version is 'gcc (GCC) 10.2.0'

Best regards,

Xin