[ncl-install] Problems installing NCL on Windows 10 Linux Bash shell

ARUNDHATI KUNDU to_arundhati at outlook.com
Wed Mar 3 06:07:52 MST 2021

Hello!
I want to install NCL on Windows 10 Linux Bash Shell. I am using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS in WSL2. I have followed suggestions of [Installing and running NCL on Windows 10 Linux Bash shell (ucar.edu)<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/windows_linux_subsystem.shtml> ] this page and I got into a problem while installing the package libgfortran3. I have gcc version of 9.3.0 and found that libgfortran5 is available for me. I search and also found that libgfortran3 is no longer supported by Ubuntu 20.04. How can I get out of this problem? Please help. Other packages and the x11 server are already installed and working fine. I have also installed ncl_ncarg-6.6.2-Debian9.8_64bit_gnu630.tar.gz. But whenever I am testing it's version it's throwing error as

ncl: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

सधन्यवाद/Kind Regards

Arundhati

अरूंधती कुंडु/ Arundhati Kundu/ অরুন্ধতী কুণ্ডু

वरिष्ठ शोधकर्ता/ Senior Research Fellow/ জ্যেষ্ঠ গবেষণা সহকারী

अंतरिक्ष और वायुमंडलीय विज्ञान प्रभाग/ Space and Atmospheric Science Division/ মহাকাশ ও বায়ুমণ্ডলীয় বিজ্ঞান বিভাগ

उत्तर पूर्वी अंतरिक्ष उपयोग केंद्र/ North Eastern Space Applications Centre/ উত্তর-পূর্ব অন্তরীক্ষ উপযোগ কেন্দ্র
अंतरिक्ष विभाग/ Department of Space/ অন্তরীক্ষ বিভাগ

भारत सरकार/ Government of India/ ভারত সরকার
उमियम/ Umiam/ উমিয়াম, मेघालय/ Meghalaya/ মেঘালয় - 793103

फ़ोन/ Ph/ ফোন: +91 364 2308744 / +91 9007190412