[ncl-install] Fwd: installation tests work but ncargf90 does not run

Simon Mason simon at iri.columbia.edu
Thu Jul 22 10:29:02 MDT 2021

Dear Orhan,

Many thanks for your response.

If I run he commands before 'conda activate ncl_stable' the responses are:

which ncl
/usr/bin/ncl

ncl -V
6.6.2

env | grep NCARG
{nothing}

After, I get:

which ncl
/home/simon/anaconda3/envs/ncl_stable/bin/ncl

ncl -V
6.6.2

env | grep NCARG
NCARG_ROOT=/home/simon/anaconda3/env/ncl_stable

I think the reason why I am getting some responses before I run conda
activate is that at one point I received a prompt indicating that I
could install ncargf90 if I ran something like 'sudo apt install
ncargf90' so it maybe that I now have two copies. However, neither of
them are working.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Best wishes,

Simon