[ncl-install] ncl: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Orhan Eroglu oero at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 22 07:06:43 MDT 2021

Hi Zipporah,

I am sorry to hear the inconvenience you had installing NCL!

Unless there is a specific reason for you to try installing it via
precompiled binaries, I'd recommend using the most convenient conda
installation as described here
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml>.

I am happy to help you if you have any questions/issues with conda
installation.

Best,