[ncl-install] Installation of PROJ.4 and GDAL libraries

Arturo Fernandez afernandez at odyhpc.com
Wed Feb 24 10:57:11 MST 2021

Hello,
The NCL guide instruct to build the PROJ.4 ibraries as static and, after
it, configure GDAL with "--with-static-proj4=/usr/local". Just for
clarification, I'm using versions 7.2.1 and 3.2.1, respectively (using the
master branches would also be feasible). Anyway, my questions are:
1) Is building PROJ.4 as a static library still mandatory?
2) Are there any changes in the flags to build GDAS? I would guess not but
want to double check.
Thanks.