[ncl-install] Can not find "ncl" command about NCL-5.2.0

Leming Van lemingvan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 23:37:14 MST 2021

Dear all,

I want to install the ROMS/TOMS Plotting Package [Plotting Package
Installation - WikiROMS (myroms.org)
<https://www.myroms.org/wiki/Plotting_Package_Installation>],
so I need to install NCL first.

At the beginning, I use "conda install -c conda-forge ncl" to do the work,
the version is 6.6.2, seems too new
to install the ROMS/TOMS Plotting Package. Then I try "sudo apt install
ncl-ncarg", the version is 6.4.0, but I
cann't find the NCARG libs, so I give it up too.

At last, I try to install NCL from source code, from here [Releases ·
NCAR/ncl (github.com) <https://github.com/NCAR/ncl/releases?after=6.1.1>].

Follow the file from ncl-5.2.0/INSTALL.html

cd $NCARG
./Configure  -v

make Everything  >&  make-output  &

After that, I got a folder named "ncarg", but I can't find "ncl" file
under ncarg/bin/.

Does any one know how to fix the problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best,
Leming