[ncl-install] Choices for LIBSEARCH vs LIBSEARCH_USERS

Arturo Fernandez afernandez at odyhpc.com
Thu Apr 15 20:58:09 MDT 2021

Hello,
I've built NCL from source. I chose /usr/lib64 and /usr/include as the
locations for library/headers. However, and when I check, for example,
ncargf77, it's showing:
gfortran -fPIC -fno-second-underscore -fno-range-check -fopenmp -O
--version -L/opt/praetorium/ncl/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lncarg -lncarg_gks
-lncarg_c -lX11 -lXext -lcairo -lXrender -lfontconfig -lpixman-1 -lfreetype
-lexpat -lpng -lz -lbz2
Furthermore, the Makefile has the lines:
LIBSEARCH = -L/usr/lib64
INCSEARCH = -I/usr/include
LIBSEARCHUSER = -L/usr/X11R6/lib64
INCSEARCHUSER = -I/usr/X11R6/include
It's unclear (at least to me) why it insists in looking in the /usr/X11R6
subdirectories. Is there any way to prevent this or should I simply
eliminates those 2 lines from the Makefile (even though manually modifying
a Makefile is not the best of ideas)?
Thanks.
Arturo