[ncl-install] ncl -V error: dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libcblas.3.dylib

Vanessa Vincente vincente at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 19 08:53:08 MDT 2020

Hello Mae,

Thanks so much for your help. Installing NCL via Anaconda seems to have
resolved my issue with
"dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libcblas.3.dylib".  I am able to run the
tests for NCL after installation, and they are working now.

Cheers,
Vanessa

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 7:20 PM Marieanne Leong <marieanneleong at gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>    delete your ~/.bash_profile. Just open ~/.bash_profile and remove the
>    portion about anaconda setting that begins and ends with # >>> condo
>    initialize >>>.
>
>    6. Recreate the anaconda setting in ~/.bash_profile by typing
>
>    source /opt/anaconda3/bin/activate
>    conda init
>
>    7. Next, logout from the Mac OS or restart the computer.
>
>    8. Check existing environments in anaconda, type
>
>    conda env list
>
>    You should only have
>    base   * /opt/anaconda3
>
>    9. Create ncl environment and install ncl, type
>
>    conda create -n ncl -c conda-forge ncl
>
>    Type ‘y’ to install all the other libraries associated with the
>    installation
>
>    In case you are faced with writing permissions at this stage, check
>    that you have the Read & Write permission as specified in #4.
>
>    10. Once it is installed, type
>
>    conda activate ncl
>
>    11. Under the prompt, type
>
>    ncl
>
>    to check that it is working.
>
> In case you encounter errors when running an ncl script on the terminal
> (e.g. ‘ncl script.ncl’),  check your script and ensure that you don’t load
> any ncl libraries in the script. In NCL Version 6.2.0 and above, these
> libraries are automatically loaded so there is no need to include them in
> the script.
>

> Hope that helps.
>
> Best,
> Mae
>
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 7:39 AM Vanessa Vincente via ncl-install <
> ncl-install at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hello ncl-install Team,
>>
>> I am having issues with running ncl on my MacOS High Sierra.
>>
>> I have executed the command:
>> source activate ncl_stable
>>
>> Then:
>> ncl -V
>>
>> And the following shows:
>> dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libcblas.3.dylib
>> Referenced from: /Users/Vanessa/miniconda3/envs/ncl_stable/bin/ncl
>> Reason: image not found
>> Abort trap: 6
>>
>> I noticed a message in the ncl archives about trying the following
>> command:
>> conda install -c conda-forge -n ncl_stable libgcc
>>
>> I tried the command, and the following shows:
>> Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
>> Solving environment: done
>> # All requested packages already installed.
>>
>> I tried the command ncl -V again, and the same issue showed.
>>
>> Can you please help with this missing library?
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>> Vanessa
>>
>> --
>> Vanessa Vincente
>> Associate Scientist
>> The COMET® Program
>> University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
>>
>> *My working hours may differ from your own.  Please do not feel obligated
>> to reply outside of standard business hours.*

Vanessa Vincente
Associate Scientist
The COMET® Program