[ncl-install] ncl -V error: dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libcblas.3.dylib

Vanessa Vincente vincente at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 13 17:39:17 MDT 2020

Hello ncl-install Team,

I am having issues with running ncl on my MacOS High Sierra.

I have executed the command:
source activate ncl_stable

Then:
ncl -V

And the following shows:
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libcblas.3.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/Vanessa/miniconda3/envs/ncl_stable/bin/ncl
Reason: image not found
Abort trap: 6

I noticed a message in the ncl archives about trying the following command:
conda install -c conda-forge -n ncl_stable libgcc

I tried the command, and the following shows:
Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: done
# All requested packages already installed.

I tried the command ncl -V again, and the same issue showed.

Can you please help with this missing library?

Thanks for your help!
Vanessa

--
Vanessa Vincente
Associate Scientist

*My working hours may differ from your own.  Please do not feel obligated
to reply outside of standard business hours.*