[ncl-install] error while loading shared libraries: libgomp.so.1

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Sun May 17 15:48:16 MDT 2020

It is unclear when you are setting the environment variables.  I think you
need to set them at the start of each terminal session and each batch job.
If you did this only once when you installed the binary, then they would be
forgotten.  Try setting all three at the start of your batch job, before
your NCL command(s).

export NCARG_ROOT=...(My NCL path)
export PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/gcc-4.6.1/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

Watch out for quoting errors, and the third command may fail in some shells
if LD_LIBRARY_PATH is previously not defined.  If needed, use "env" to
check your settings.

I am really not sure what is going on.  If you are using module commands on
the supercomputer, they may interfere with these settings.  There is a
copacetic way to do this, and I do not have the local insight to offer
better advice.  You may also get better results if you use the most recent
NCL binary versions.  This version is several years old.

I strongly recommend that you show this problem to your local supercomputer
help desk, and ask for advice.  They are in charge of installing system
libraries, and they may easily be able to advise or fix this problem.