[ncl-install] Installing NCL

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Mon Sep 16 17:01:52 MDT 2019

Hi,

Unfortunately, the ncl-ncarg package provided by apt-get is not maintained by the NCL team, so we’re unable to offer much support for that installation method beyond NCL usage questions. If you continue to experience issues using “apt-get install”, then you may wish to try installing NCL using conda <https://ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml>.

Could you please provide more information about the syntax errors you’re getting? A screenshot or text output from your terminal might help determine if the issue is an NCL usage issue or an installation issue.

Thanks,
Kevin