[ncl-install] Upgrade 6.1.2 to 6.50 in Cygwin

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 14 09:26:15 MDT 2019

Hi Juky,

I’m not very familiar with the Cygwin environment, but I’ll try my best to help.

Did you download the “ncl_ncarg-6.5.0-CYGWIN_NT-10.0-WOW_i686.tar.gz” build of NCL from our downloads page <https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.650.dap/file.html>? Were there any error messages or warnings when you installed it?

Can you please run the following commands in your Cygwin environment and reply with the output:
which ncl
echo $NCARG_ROOT

Thanks,
Kevin