[ncl-install] Mac Install w/ Conda : Incomp poppolar & fontconfig libraries

Capehart, William J William.Capehart at sdsmt.edu
Fri Apr 19 21:17:36 MDT 2019

    Hi All.

    Starting to see if I’m ready to try again to migrate to conda as a mac package manager due to problems with getting pyNIO/NGL working with a homebrew system.

    Out of the gate I have the following error getting NCL installed.

     [:~/anaconda3/lib]% ncl
    dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libfontconfig.1.dylib
      Referenced from: /Users/wjc/anaconda3/lib/libpoppler.78.dylib
      Reason: Incompatible library version: libpoppler.78.dylib requires version 14.0.0 or later, but libfontconfig.1.dylib provides version 13.0.0
    Abort trap: 6

    Specific Installed addressed above:

    ncl                       6.6.2                h813f7a2_2    conda-forge
    fontconfig                2.13.0               h5d5b041_1
    poppler                   0.67.0            hf4bf5f7_1002    conda-forge
    poppler-data              0.4.9                         1    conda-forge

    Ideas appreciated....
    Bill Capehart