[ncl-install] Any luck with Cygwin 64-bit?

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 25 13:08:13 MDT 2019

Hi Helen,

I’m sorry for the delayed response.

Unfortunately, I do not have much experience with the Cygwin builds of NCL, and I’m not certain how much effort it would take to make NCL compatible with the 64-bit version of Cygwin.

I’m not sure if your security team would allow the use of a virtual machine, but installing Linux in a virtual machine using VirtualBox and then installing NCL inside that might allow you to circumvent the need for administrator privileges on your Windows 10 machine.

I hope this helps,
Kevin