[ncl-install] Trouble with NCL installation

Ashish Goel ashishgoel87 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 13:15:58 MDT 2018

Hi.

My name is Ashish Goel and I am a postdoctoral researcher at NASA Jet
Propulsion Laboratory. I am trying to install NCL on a 64-bit machine
running Ubuntu. I did the installation using Miniconda2 and after I
activate the ncl_stable environment, it responds properly to the version
request (ncl -V) with 6.5.0. But when I run ng4ex xy05n -clean, it throws
an error saying

NCAR Graphics NCL Example <xy05n>

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
  Copying xy05n.ncl
cp: cannot stat
'/home/ashishgoel/miniconda2/envs/ncl_stable/lib/ncarg/nclex//xy05n.ncl':
No such file or directory

It looks like the xy05n.ncl is in the XYplot folder but for some reason,
the ng4ex script is looking for the file with the wrong path. Is there
something I can do to fix this error?

Thank you for your help
Ashish