[ncl-install] Help!!!

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu May 17 11:26:27 MDT 2018

Dear Alejandro,

There could be a couple of things wrong.  It would help if we could see the
full error message.

[1] In order to use gsn_csm_xy with NCL V6.3.0, you need to have these two
load lines at the top of your NCL script:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"

[2] If you do have the load lines and are still seeing the error, then the
other problem might be that the  NCARG_ROOT environment variable is not
set, or is not set correctly. This document explains how to set NCARG_ROOT
and what it must be set to:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml#SetNCARG_ROOT

You can test if NCARG_ROOT is set by typing the following from the UNIX
command line:

env | grep NCARG

If you continue to have problems, then please email ncl-install at ucar.edu
again and include the full error message you're getting.