[ncl-install] another instance of "possible directory error in ncl-6.4.0 test script?"

Robyn B Landers rblanders at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Dec 15 13:30:24 MST 2017

Hi,

I'm new here.  I just installed NCARG 6.4.0 from prebuilt bundle for RHEL 7.
I appear to be experiencing the same problem as reported by Sam McClatchie
in October with the subject
  "possible directory error in ncl-6.4.0 test script?"
In that thread, he reports that the suggested ng4ex test fails to run.
In response, a suggestion for tracking down the cause was to run the ultimate
net effect of that test, which is

  ncl $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclex/xyplot/xy01n.ncl

After that suggestion, I did not see any further traffic in the thread
in the November and December archives.

When I do that ncl command, it works and I get a graph.

When I run it using ng4ex, as suggested as an installation check, it fails
because it can't find resfiles. You can see the path problems below:

  [root at bow ncl-6.4.0]# echo $NCARG_ROOT
  /opt/ncl-6.4.0

  [root at bow ncl-6.4.0]# echo $PATH
  /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/diags/bin:/root/bin:/opt/ncl-6.4.0/bin

  [root at bow ncl-6.4.0]# ncargpath root
  /opt/ncl-6.4.0

  [root at bow ncl-6.4.0]# ncargpath resfiles
  /usr/share/ncarg/resfiles

Robyn Landers
University of Waterloo