[ncl-install] `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 27 11:50:14 MDT 2015

Erika,

Which NCL binary did you download?

It's important that you download a binary that was compiled with close to
the same version of gcc and gfortran.  You said you have gcc version 4.4.7,
so you want to download a binary that was compiled with gcc 4.4.x or
sooner. Newer versions of gcc might work.

If there are no binaries available with gcc 4.4.x, then you could install a
newer gcc/gfortran, and even put it in a non-standard location. For more
information, see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/linux.shtml#SharedLibraries

You don't want to use the gcc 412 binary, because this is likely too old.

--Mary