[ncl-install] [ncl-talk] Installation problem, -lncarg library not found

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 19 10:46:45 MDT 2013

Hi,

Apparently the NCARG_XXXX environment variables are still getting set somehow.

It looks to me like you installed NCL using a LINUX package installer, which is not supported
by us.  The package installer puts files in different directories, and then modifies one or
more of your .* files to set all these environment variables.

You will have to figure out where or how these environment variables are being set.

Maybe try this:

cd ~
grep NCARG .*

This should echo any .* files that contain references to NCARG_FONTCAPS, NCARG_GRAPHCAPS, etc.

If you see any, edit these files and either remove or comment the settings out.

Then, you should logout and log back in to make sure the changes take effect. They won't take effect
simply by editing the files and saving them.

--Mary