[ncl-install] Problem installing ncl 6 in Centos 4

Oscar Chimborazo ochimborazo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 10:41:38 MDT 2011

Hello dear fellows,

 I got the next error when I try to run ncl from the precompiled
file ncl_ncarg-6.0.0.Linux_RedHat_x86_64_nodap_gcc412.tar.gz :

*"error while loading shared libraries: requires glibc 2.5 or later dynamic
linker"*

I have glibc-2.3.4-2.54  and yum repositories don't have the next versions
of glibc. I wouldn't like install the complete OS by a new one because I
have a lot of programs and process running in that old machine.

Thanks for any help.

Oscar