[ncl-install] problem of installing ncl (without ncl executable)

Xuguang Sun sunxg007 at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Nov 15 00:26:29 MST 2009

I tried to install the NCL software in my system according to the guide in the website http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml

Everything seems ok during the installation, and finally message shows the installation is finished. But when I checked the $NCARG_ROOT/bin, there is no ncl executable in that directory, but there are some other ncl executables, I don't know whether my installation is successful or not, and why there is no ncl executable.

The following are the executables in the bin directory after I installed NetCDF, hdf5, ncl and other libs.

ConvertMapData     ezmapdemo  h5copy         h5redeploy  ncargcc       ncarlogo2ps     ng4ex          pswhite
WRAPIT             fcaps      h5debug        h5repack    ncargex       ncarvversion    nhlcc          pwritxnt
WriteLineFile      findg      h5diff         h5repart    ncargf77      ncdump          nhlf77         rdjpgcom
WriteNameFile      fontc      h5dump         h5stat      ncargf90      ncgen           nhlf90         scrip_check_input
WritePlotcharData  gcaps      h5import       h5unjam     ncargfile     ncgm2cgm        nnalg          tdpackdemo
cgm2ncgm           gif2h5     h5jam          idt         ncargpath     ncgmstat        pre2ncgm       tgks0a
cjpeg              graphc     h5ls           jpegtran    ncargrun      ncl_convert2nc  pre2ncgm.prog  tlocal
ctlib              h52gif     h5mkgrp        med         ncargversion  ncl_filedump    psblack        wrapit77
djpeg              h5cc       h5perf_serial  nc-config   ncargworld    ncl_grib2nc     psplit         wrjpgcom

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Xuguang