[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #100277] History for MET Installation Errors

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 6 11:21:43 MDT 2021

Hi MET Help Desk,

My name is Josh Winslow and I am trying to install MET to use with NetCDF
files. I am having issues installing the required packages, specifically
netcdf-c and netcdf-cxx.

I am currently receiving this error message:

configure: error: Can't find or link to the hdf5 library. Use
--disable-hdf5, or see config.log for errors.

I have hdf5 installed, I am wondering if I need to include flags in the
command to link to hdf5, or if you can help in any way?

Thanks!

Josh

--
Josh Winslow