[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #95328] History for Compiling GRIB2 Support with a pre-existing MET build

Minna Win via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 13 13:29:25 MDT 2020

Good morning!

I am trying to use the point-stat tool to conduct verification on model
data in grib2 format. Additionally, I am using a MET build (Version 8.0)
which was previously compiled by a colleague in my research group. When
running MET, I get the following error:

ERROR  : Met2dDataFileFactory::new_met_2d_data_file() -> Support for GRIB2
has not been compiled!

After consulting the documentation, it appears that when my colleague
configured MET, he did not include support for grib2 data. Ideally, I would
prefer to continue using the existing MET build, so I wanted to know if it
would be possible to compile GRIB2 support without having to "start from
scratch". If so, what would be the appropriate way to go about doing this?

Thank you for your time and help,
-Chase Graham

Chase Scott Graham

Research/Teaching Assistant
Dept. of Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University