[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #95579] History for METplus setup

Minna Win via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 13 13:30:29 MDT 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,
     I am working from EMC, and just started learning the METplus. I
checked out the MET and METplus using the following command:

git clone https://github.com/NCAR/MET
git clone https://github.com/NCAR/METplus

    Then I run the scripts inside the directory METplus:
./build_components/build_MET.sh

A file named "env_vars.bash" is missing.
See more details from the error message.

Can you tell me how to fix this problem?
Thank you very much.
Qingfu

The error message:
met/out/mode/.gitignore
met/out/stat_analysis/
met/out/stat_analysis/.gitignore
./build_components/build_MET.sh: line 23: env_vars.bash: No such file or
directory
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
aclocal: warning: couldn't open directory 'm4': No such file or directory
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
configure.ac:1041: installing './config.guess'
configure.ac:1041: installing './config.sub'
configure.ac:9: installing './install-sh'
configure.ac:9: installing './missing'
internal_tests/basic/vx_config/Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
configure.ac: installing './ylwrap'
autoreconf: Leaving directory `.'
No environment file provided. Starting compilation with current environment.
compile_MET_all.sh: line 46: TEST_BASE:  ERROR: TEST_BASE must be set