[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #96930] History for changing names of variables in METplus

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 13 12:47:45 MDT 2020

Hi, there,

Got a question.  Is there a way to change the name of the variable written
out to the .stat file in point_stat than what the FCST_VAR1_NAME is?

The reason why I ask is that PMTF is the variable for the hourly PM, but
it's also the name of the variable (in the grib2 file) for the daily
average PM.  But for the .stat files, we need to be able to differentiate
between the hourly PM and the daily average PM.  Can we change the name of
the forecast variable so that it is different than the grib search term?

Thanks!

Perry

--
Perry C. Shafran