[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #96900] History for Scorecard Help

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 13 12:25:16 MDT 2020

Hi Met Help,
I have a couple of things.

1. I am having trouble making a scorecard with temperature RMSE. I keep
getting an error saying no data was returned from the database. I have a
hunch there is just some little detail that I am missing as there is data
there.

Here is the XML I am using on the AWS server (ignore the name as I'm not
doing FSS here):
/home/donald.e.lippi/scorecard_NAM_FSS_01-24_312.xml

2. I've seen different color scales out there meant to be
colorblind-friendly (uses greens and purples). I'm looking for a version of
the threshold XML that does that.

Thank you!
Donnie
--

Donald Lippi

*IMSG* at NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC

Your attachment did not work. Could you resend it?

Thanks,
Tatiana

From: Donald Lippi - NOAA Affiliate
Time: Wed Sep 30 15:06:14 2020

Hi Tatiana,
I didn't attach anything to the email just pointed to a file on the
Metviewer AWS server, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.
This is the scorecard XML:
/home/donald.e.lippi/scorecard_NAM_FSS_01-24_312.xml

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 4:29 PM Tatiana Burek via RT

--

Donald Lippi

*IMSG* at NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC

From: Tatiana Burek
Time: Thu Oct 01 07:44:18 2020

Hi Donnie
According to your XML settings, your scorecard is created for RMSE
stat for 'GLOBAL_global' and 'NODA_global' models. It means that the
data from line_data_sl1l2 table is used.
line_data_sl1l2 table in mv_met_dlrwfv3 database only contains data
for 'HYPO_global' model. That is why the scorecard can't be produced.

Tatiana

From: Donald Lippi - NOAA Affiliate
Time: Thu Oct 01 08:44:28 2020

That's odd, I believe I am using the same scripts for all experiments.
was able to make temperature RMSE plots using the web tool using the
attached XML.

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 9:44 AM Tatiana Burek via RT

--

Donald Lippi

*IMSG* at NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC

From: Tatiana Burek
Time: Thu Oct 01 09:02:04 2020

In attached XML you don't use aggregation or summary statistic
calculation logic. Instead you use RMSE values  from the MET output
from line_data_cnt table.
It is required to use add stat logic in the scorecard and you need to
have sl1l2 data to complete the calculations.

Tatiana

On Thu Oct 01 08:44:28 2020, donald.e.lippi at noaa.gov wrote:
> That's odd, I believe I am using the same scripts for all
experiments. I

From: Donald Lippi - NOAA Affiliate
Time: Thu Oct 01 09:34:58 2020

I see. Thank you

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 11:02 AM Tatiana Burek via RT

--

Donald Lippi

*IMSG* at NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC