[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #95887] History for Error in pcp_combine -subtract command

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 17 13:37:17 MDT 2020

Dear Met Help Team,
I have successfully installed met-9.0.2 with python3.8 and also UPPV4.0.1
using gfortan compiler v-7.5.0.
The wgrib2 command
wgrib2 WRFPRS_d01.48 | grep APCP shows the following.
449:25937307:d=2018090500:APCP:surface:0-2 day acc fcst:
While running pcp_combine with following I am getting the error as;

pcp_combine -subtract WRFPRS_d01.48 48 WRFPRS_d01.24 24 APCP.nc

DEBUG 2: Since the "-field" command line option was not used, parsing the
command line arguments a list of files, each followed by a configuration
string.
DEBUG 1: Reading input file: WRFPRS_d01.48
DEBUG 1: Reading data (name="APCP"; level="A48";) from input file:
WRFPRS_d01.48
ERROR  :
ERROR  : out of memory!  Exiting!
ERROR  :

Any suggestions/advise will be appreciated.
Thanks.