[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #97502] History for sample script for rotated lat/lon projection

George McCabe via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 7 15:47:46 MST 2020

Dear MET Helpdesk,
I'm working with a dataset on rotated lat/lon projection, or rotated pole
projection. I looked through the website
http://www.dtcenter.org/community-code/model-evaluation-tools-met/sample-analysis-scripts,
and did not find a sample script (read_xxx.py) for the rotated lat/lon
projection. I do not know how to set the attributes. For example, what are the
variables I should provide in the attribute section? Below is an example for
the Lambert Conformal projection.
'grid': { 'type' : "Lambert Conformal", 'name' : "WRF Domain", 'hemisphere' :
'N', 'scale_lat_1' : 26.8, 'scale_lat_2' : 26.8, 'lat_pin' : 26.8, 'lon_pin' :
111.722, 'x_pin' : 436.0, 'y_pin' : 329.0, 'lon_orient' : 111.722, 'd_km' :
3.0, 'r_km' : 6371.2, 'nx' : 873, 'ny' : 659, } The rotated lat/lon projection
I'm working with is like this:
gridtype = lonlatgridsize = 216000xname = rlonxlongname = longitude in rotated
pole gridxunits = degreesyname = rlatylongname = latitude in rotated pole gridyunits
= degreesxsize = 500ysize = 432xnpole = 310ynpole = 70xfirst = 342.9797xinc =
0.04050001yfirst = 0yinc = 0.0405
Do you have a sample python script for the rotated lat/lon projection? Or could
you tell me what are the variables I should provide in the attributes and what
their meanings are?
Thank you very much!!!
Sincerely,Yuxing