[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #95640] History for METplus - Grid Stat variable error

George McCabe via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 5 10:49:28 MDT 2020

Hi MET help desk,

I’ve come across an issue with running grid_stat on METplus v.3.0.2. I am verifying files created with ensemble_stat in METplus and passing the ensemble NMEP variables through to grid_stat. However, upon looking at the output log, an extra underscore is added to the variable which causes grid_stat to fail. For example, I am passing in the following variable in my METplus config file: “APCP_01_A1_ENS_NMEP_ge12.7_NBRHD1_NEAREST1”. However, the variable that is shown in the log file comes up as: “APCP_01_A1_ENS_NMEP_ge12.7_NBRHD1_NEAREST1_1(*,*)”. The level specification also seems to be affected (my input level is “A1” while the grid_stat input level shows up as the generic netCDF input level “(*,*)”). Is there anything I could do to help fix this issue? I’ve gone ahead and attached a truncated log file with the error message as well as my METplus configuration file in case this is needed for troubleshooting. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

-Brian
Brian Matilla
Research Fellow— Warn-on-Forecast Team
Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies — The University of Oklahoma
NOAA National Severe Storms Laboratory