[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #96135] History for Tar Files

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 6 14:36:09 MDT 2020

John and company, we are in the process of cleaning up and organizing our MET files.  One thing I am planning to do is tar and compress each month's worth of mdlob_pairs and leave the tar files in the mdlob_pairs directory.  I wanted to find out if the presence of these files in the mdlob_pairs directory will slow down or cause problems for MET stat analysis running against data in these directories.  Does MET stat_analysis only look for .stat files?

Thanks
Bob