[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #94908] History for Use of METPlus on Windows machines

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 14 16:39:39 MDT 2020

Good Afternoon,

My name is Frank Centinello and I'm working with Terry Onsager (and others)
at NOAA SWPC. We'd like to explore using METplus for validation of our
products.

The first issue we are running into is that Terry and I both have laptops
running Windows, and it seems as though MET/METplus require Linux.

Without being able to easily obtain more hardware due to logistical hurdles
w.r.t. quarantining, would you have a suggestion on how to run METplus on a
Windows laptop? For example, is use of a virtual machine a workable
solution?

Thanks in advance!
Frank
----
LTJG Frank Centinello
, NOAA, Ph.D.
DHC-6 / AC-695 Pilot
Executive Coordinator
NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center
Rm. 2C504
325 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80305
frank.centinello at noaa.gov
*Desk Phone: 303-497-4498*
[image: NOAA_Commissioned_Corps.png (788×788)]