[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #94848] History for PoP12 grid_stat_config

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 7 09:44:01 MDT 2020

Good afternoon MET team
Do you happen to have an example grid_stat_config file for PoP?  We're
struggling at the moment with PoP12 verification.  We can get scores in the
cnt, cts, and ctc files, but the pstd files only contains the header line.
We're trying to get the BSS.
For the forecasts, I have NDFD PoP12 forecasts.  The data look to be
correct (probabilities from 0 to 100).  For the analysis, I used
pcp_combine to add two 6-hr URMA QPF06 forecasts.  The resulting QPF12 file
appears to have valid data in mm.
When running with -v 0, I don't get any errors.  When running with -v 4, I
don't get any messages that suggest that there were any issues with the
data.
If it helps, the test script that I'm working with on venus is
/gpfs/dell3/mdl/mdlverif/noscrub/usr/John.L.Wagner/wolf/qpfvs/processing/test_po.sh.

John Wagner
Verification Task Lead
COR Task Manager
NOAA/National Weather Service