[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #92749] History for Getting Started with MET/METplus

Minna Win via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 2 09:42:40 MDT 2020

Minna,

I am trying to get MET/MET+ working on my system but I am slightly overwhelmed regarding the dependencies/environment requirements for doing so.  I understand that several dependencies are located in /usr/local, such as HDF5, NETCDF, and Zlib, and I have included those locations in my MET_<lib>  environment variables, but I am having trouble locating some others such as GSL and BUFR.  Do I need to install these myself or are the bin, include, and lib for these dependencies already on the system somewhere?  I notice MET is also included in /usr/local, but I do not see MET+.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

--
Nick Lybarger