[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #92085] History for Problem Installation MET v8.1 in Fedora 30

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 29 10:19:49 MDT 2019

Dear MET Admin

I am very interest with latest MET release (v8.1) to verify our operational
NWP in BMKG, but I've some problems in the installation process. Right now
I'm using Fedora 30 OS with gcc (GCC) 9.2.1 20190827 (Red Hat 9.2.1-1)
compilers and glibc 2.29. Almost all required libraries have been
successfully installed except HDF4 and HDFEOS it ends with this error
[image: image.png]
I've tried everything I can do to solved this problem but I can't figure it
out. That's why I had just given up with hdf4 and hdfeos then continue the
MET installation process without add enabling MODIS argument in the
configure process. Unfortunately in the end I still got failed in the MET
make install process like this
[image: image.png]

I intend to let you know, may be you have some tips for me to install or
compiled in my Fedora 30 machine. Hopefully all the information that I've
given are enough for you to figure out the problem in my installation
process. Thank you
--
Warm regards

Tomi Ilham Reza Pahlewi
Member of BMKG NC Public Weather Service Forecaster Team's
Work  Unit     : Public Meteorological Center
Organization  : BMKG
Address         : Jl. Angkasa I No. 2 Kemayoran, Jakarta Pusat
Office Phone  : (+62)21 6546315/18
Faximille        : (+62)21 6546314
twitter            : @wxpahlewi