[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #92657] History for MET on Hera?

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 29 10:18:49 MDT 2019

Dear MET Help,

Has MET been compiled on Hera? I would like to use it for some analysis.
Thanks.

Best,
Gus

--
Ghassan J. Alaka, Jr., Ph.D.
NOAA/AOML/Hurricane Research Division

**Opinions expressed in this email are my own and do not represent AOML or
NOAA.**

Subject: MET on Hera?
From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Wed Oct 16 09:50:18 2019

Hi Gus.

MET version 8.1 was moved from Theia to Hera by, I believe Raghu
Reddy,
since it lives in the /contrib area.

To see where we have existing MET builds, please take a look at our
existing builds page for this version of MET:
https://dtcenter.org/community-code/model-evaluation-tools-met/metv8-
1-existing-builds-metplus-2-1-installations

For quick reference, here is the section about Hera:

> NOAA machine hera
>
>    - *METv8.1*
>       - PATCH LEVEL/DATE: met-8.1.1, 20190708
>       - MODULES:
>          - module use /contrib/modulefiles
>          - module load met/8.1
>       - *METplus-2.1*
>       - METplus-2.1 Installation
>          - /contrib/METplus/METplus-2.1
>       - METplus-2.1 Sample Data
>          -
>          /scratch4/BMC/dtc/Julie.Prestopnik/METplus/METplus-
2.1_sample_data

I believe there are some other users using this installation on Hera
already, but please write to met_help at ucar.edu if you experience any
problems.

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 7:41 PM Ghassan Alaka - NOAA Affiliate via RT

--
Julie Prestopnik
Software Engineer
Email: jpresto at ucar.edu

My working day may not be your working day.  Please do not feel
obliged to