[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #92099] History for Back with more questions

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 29 10:20:35 MDT 2019

Looks like the MET installation here worked well. Now, I need to get
METplus and METviewer going for the team. I've been looking at the online
resources, and will admit to a bit of confusion.

We can handle this by email, or perhaps a brief phone call would be faster
for all of us; that's your call. My phone number's listed below.

Regarding METplus, I've done the git clone action into the preferred
directory (unless there's a dependency to reside in the MET directory I
missed?). We are not running modules, so I either will have to install it
(do-able) and learn to write module files (more tedious) or provide a
profile script for my users, which is how they've been doing things in a
lot of instances. My extant profile for METplus encompasses the envVar
exports listed, but I've a question: Is there a programmatic preference for
Gnu python, or is Anaconda 3.0 preferable... or do you care?

I've started looking at the METplus config scripts, and I'm pretty
confident I'm either in the ball park, or can figure failures out there
from error codes.

I've other questions on METviewer but I'd like to accomplish these
serially, unless you've a quick'n'dirty method to make them both work
together.

Please let me know where I need to look for more guidance. I'm trying to
work off the tutorial at
https://dtcenter.org/sites/default/files/community-code/met/docs/presentations/metplus-tutorial-20181001/03_METplus_Oct2018_Installing-Config.pdf

Thanks
Gerry