[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #92340] History for GRIB1_code question

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 11 16:22:47 MDT 2019

I noticed that when I use GRIB1_code to choose a record (e.g., for 'fcst' in grid_stat) that FCST_VAR ends up in the .stat output as "NA".  Is there any way to populate that field with an identifier?

If I run grid_stat and have multiple variables identified in 'fcst', there's no way to distinguish between the records, unless I use something like the "DESC" field.  The only problem there is I can't set multiple values of "DESC" in the config file for grid_stat.

It would be nice if there was a way to allow users to set DESC for each fcst variable.  I suppose output_prefix could be leveraged instead to force separate output files for each single variable, which would be an alternate way of avoiding the "NA" ambiguity when multiple fcst fields are identified solely through GRIB1_code.

Maybe MET already has this capability, and I just don't know.  But Bob Craig and I thought it was worth asking.

Thanks,
Matt

Matthew C. Sittel, Meteorologist
Matthew.Sittel.ctr at us.af.mil