[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #92343] History for Probabilistic forecast error bars?

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 11 16:23:06 MDT 2019

Hi again,

So this question is more about following up regarding the output of grid_stat & stat_analysis and for my clarification. I now have the probabilistic output in the form of PCT, PJC, PSTD, and PRC ASCII files and am able to compute things like the reliability and ROC curves for each of my cases. The one thing that I am missing is the creation of the error bars to go with the points on these curves. Would I be able to extract the errors for each bin from any of the probabilistic output tables or is that something that has to be derived?

Thanks a lot for the continuing support!

-Brian
Brian Matilla
Research Fellow— Warn-on-Forecast Team
Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies — The University of Oklahoma
NOAA National Severe Storms Laboratory