[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #91636] History for about the error in "regrid_data_plane"

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 11 16:22:16 MDT 2019

I am trying to use the "regrid_data_plane" function to regrid a data
file, but I got the error message:

my command: ./bin/regrid_data_plane ./out/RAW_NEX_GRID20110520_12.cdf
G213 ./out/regrid.nc -field 'name="Hourly_Rain_Grid"; level="(*,*)";
file_type=NETCDF_NCCF;'

ERROR  : NcCfFile::read_netcdf_grid() -> Couldn't figure out
projection from information in netCDF file.

But it's on regular lat/lon grids, so there's no projection needed. Do
you know why?

Thanks,
Jia