[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #90037] History for Prepbufr File Times

Howard Soh via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu May 9 18:40:11 MDT 2019

John, is there a way I can easily determine the date (central date) of a 6 hour prepbufr file?  When I run PB2NC, there is a middle date time of the file output in the listing.  I would like to access this date time field before I process in PB2NC.  We rename this files with the applicable date in the filename.  If the come in late, then the date can be wrong.

Also, I made the netCDF changes you recommended and those are working in the CF-1.7 type file.

Thanks
Bob