[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #90099] History for Make/compile issue (MET 8.0)

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu May 9 14:11:19 MDT 2019

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of a MET install on a new linux server in our office, and immediately ran into a problem with the make, which I fear is a compiler issue. We've run into issues on this server regarding how it was built, and before I go crashing around trying to overhaul things, I wanted to reach out to you first, in hopes you can point to the issue.

The last few lines of the make_install.log file are below, but I've attached the whole file in case it helps:

make[3]: Entering directory `/fewxops/software/met/met-8.0_bugfix/src/basic/vx_log'
/usr/bin/g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../..   -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -I/home/fewx/GRIB2/g2clib-1.6.0/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -DBLOCK4 -DWITH_GRIB2 -DMET_BASE="\"/fewxops/software/met/met-8.0_bugfix/share/met\""  -g -MT concat_string.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/concat_string.Tpo -c -o concat_string.o concat_string.cc
In file included from concat_string.cc:15:0:
/usr/include/c++/4.8.2/cstdio:41:28: fatal error: bits/c++config.h: No such file or directory
#include <bits/c++config.h>
                            ^
compilation terminated.
make[3]: *** [concat_string.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/fewxops/software/met/met-8.0_bugfix/src/basic/vx_log'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/fewxops/software/met/met-8.0_bugfix/src/basic'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/fewxops/software/met/met-8.0_bugfix/src'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Any quick ideas on what the issue may be? I'll backup and start re-compiling libraries in the meantime.

Thanks!
-Tom

Tom Workoff
Meteorologist/Advanced Scientist
FirstEnergy
Office: 330-436-1475
tworkoff at firstenergycorp.com

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.