[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #91023] History for Problem with netcdf file?

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 15 09:56:39 MDT 2019

I am running MET6.0, Gridstat using neighborhood methods for QPF
verification, which I have done successfully many times with our model
output vs Stage 4 observed precip.  I trying to verify HRRR output vs Stage
4, where I have converted the HRRR file to netcdf following all the
guidelines outlined in the MET user documentation, I believe.  The HRRR
file seems to be accepted, but MET Gridstat seems to think there is no
data.  Yet when I map the file independently it looks perfectly fine.  From
my Google Drive find attached the forecast file (PRATEsfc6hrrr.nc), the
grib2 analysis file (ST4.2019050106.06h), the verification output generated
(MET6.0_out) and the config file that I am using (GridStatConfig_precip).
I would appreciate any assistance you could provide.

Thanks,
Bill Stern
UCAR/GFDL

 MET6.0_out