[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #90198] History for MET data input question for MODE analysis

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 10 17:01:04 MDT 2019

I am working with Jason Otkin at SSEC and we are looking to use simulated brightness temperatures (derived from WRF output) in MODE analysis to compare GOES-16 and WRF cloud objects. We were wondering if any specific data formatting was needed to for the simulated brightness temperatures when used as input.  I know it needs to be a NetCDF file and on a common unstaggered grid. Are any data attributes needed or just a 2D-grid of data?

Thanks so much for your help,
Best,
David Henderson

------