[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #90235] History for Reading hdf file in MET

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 10 16:59:50 MDT 2019

Can we use MET to read HDF dataset from MODIS satellite ? Or needed it to
be converted to netcdf ?

Thanks
Debasish

Subject: Reading hdf file in MET
From: Minna Win
Time: Thu May 16 12:36:04 2019

Hello,
It looks like you want to find out which input file types are
supported by
MET for satellite data.  I'm assigning this ticket to Howard Soh, who
has
domain knowledge about satellite data.  Please allow him 1-2 days to
respond to your ticket.  Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Minna
---------------
Minna Win
NCAR
Research Applications Lab
Phone: 303-497-8423
Fax:   303-497-8401

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 6:14 PM Debasish Hazra via RT

From: Howard Soh
Time: Thu May 16 13:42:54 2019

Hello Debasish,

MET does not support the raw HDF file. Please convert it to NetCDF.
MET 8.1 supports more with CF compliant NetCDF, for example, time
slicing.

Cheers,
Howard

From: Debasish Hazra
Time: Thu May 16 14:20:14 2019

Thanks Howard

<met_help at ucar.edu

From: Howard Soh
Time: Thu May 16 14:55:40 2019

I will close ticket if there is no more issue.

Cheers,
Howard