[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #76198] History for MetViewer question

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 10 16:43:22 MDT 2019

Hello! I'm trying out MetViewer at NCEP: loaded April precip VSDBs for
three models (excluding the 6h FSS vsdbs) onto
vm-lnx-metviewdev-process1.ncep.noaa.gov:/metviewer/staging/wd22yl/vsdb/, and
then did the following (using the template in Tatiana's email to Perry
on 23 Sep 2015):
   sudo -i -u metviewer
   mysql --defaults-file=/usr1/metviewer/.my.cnf -e'create database
mv_precip'
   mysql --defaults-file=/usr1/metviewer/.my.cnf mv_precip <
/usr1/metviewer/metviewer/sql/mv_mysql.sql
   /usr1/metviewer/metviewer/bin/mv_load.sh
/usr1/metviewer/load_test.xml_ying > /usr1/metviewer/load_test.log.yl

When I tried to plot from this database (mv_precip) I got the following
error message:

failed to run plot plot_20160502_233401 - reason: R error: ==== Start
Rscript error ==== Error: unexpected '=' in: "listDep1Plot = list(
APCP/24 =" Execution halted ==== End Rscript error ====

Attached are two screen shots: Screenshot_metviewer.png, show my
settings and the error message; Screenshot_binbindb.png, plotting from
Binbin's refl database that worked.  Binbin sent out instructions this
afternoon to plot from his database, after following it successfully, I
tried to mimic his settting to plot from mv_precip, which failed as above.

Before seeing Binbin's instructions I've tried loading the month of
March, plotting CSI or bias with thresholds as independent variables,
plotting SL1L2 vars with valid times as independent variables etc., none
had worked.

As far as I can tell from the load output
(/usr1/metviewer/load_test.log.yl) the loading was successful, and from
http://metviewerdev.ncep.noaa.gov/metviewer1.jsp my 'R data' after setup
for precip CSI look similar to Binbin's for refl CSI.

In case my mistake is obvious - could you tell from the info above and
first screenshot what I might have done wrong?  Thanks!

Ying

--
Ying Lin
NCEP/EMC/Mesoscale Modeling Branch