[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #76427] History for Running met viewer in batch mode from shared sudo account

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 10 16:43:23 MDT 2019

Hi MET Help,

I've been trying to run mv_batch.sh but have run into a bit of a quandary
since, on our system at NCEP (metviewerdev), MET Viewer access at the
command line level is done through shared sudo access among a handful of
users.  Because of this, when I try running in batch mode MET Viewer will
output plots/data/R scripts in directories shared with MET Viewer's web
GUI.  If I set my XML file to point to my personal directories MET Viewer
will be unable to write to them (since this is being run via sudo and the
sudo account does not have permission).   Unfortunately I cannot invoke
mv_batch.sh from my personal account either.

Do you have any suggestions for this?  Would you suggest we create a
user-specifc set of subdirectories for batch tasks?

Thanks!
Jacob