[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #80656] History for Met installation problems

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 10 16:39:11 MDT 2019

Dear Sir,
I'm trying to install Model Evaluation tools version 6.0 but I was
encoutered several problems on the way.

1. During installation of HDF4.2r3.tar.gz, this is the procedure I follow
and generated the error below:
tar -xzf HDF4.2r3.tar.gz
cd HDF4.2r3
mkdir hdf4
./configure --prefix=$home/benjamin/met/HDF4.2r3/hdf4 --disable-netcdf >&
/dev/null
cat mfhdf/hdiff/Makefile | sed 's/LIBS = -ljpeg -lz/LIBS = -ljpeg -lz
-lm/g' > Makefile_NEW

ERROR: cat: mfhdf/hdiff/Makefile: No such file or directory

2. After installation of libriary neccessay for met, I change to met 6.0
directory and run met 6.0 and generate this problem:

EEROR: nc_utils.h:22:18: fatal error: netcdf: No such file or directory
 #include <netcdf>
                  ^
compilation terminated.
make[3]: *** [libvx_nc_util_a-nc_var_info.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/benjamin/met/met-6.0/src/libcode/vx_nc_util'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/benjamin/met/met-6.0/src/libcode'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/benjamin/met/met-6.0/src'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Please I need help to result this problem. Thank you Sir.

Best Regard

Alabi Benjamin.