[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #88833] History for mask_missing_flag Option in MTD

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 13 10:27:25 MST 2019

Hello again,

I am running MTD for a model over a limited domain (NEWSe) and the Stage IV
analysis over CONUS. For other functions, I noticed this can be done by:

mask_missing_flag = BOTH;

I see this is possible for MODE after obs = *** is specified in the config
file, but this does not seem to work for MTD. I have attached an image of
the raw forecast and analysis fields.

Simple analysis objects are still identified outside of the model domain. I
was hoping to identify objects where both model and analysis data exists to
save time and efficiency. Is there a way to do this with MTD or with
another function?

Thanks,

Mike

--
Michael J. Erickson

Research Scientist
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES)
NOAA/NWS/NCEP/Weather Prediction Center
Phone:  301-683-1546