[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #88706] History for Help on Total Cloud % grid_stat verification

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 13 11:34:06 MST 2019

I need to verify the Total Cloud % in the global ensemble predication files for GFS, CMC, and NAVGEM model against WWMCA data.
However GFS has the grib2 record for Total cloud as a 6-12 hour average, while other models such as NAVGEM
has Total Cloud % as 12 hour forecast.

When I pair a GFS global ensemble member file, say gep01.t00Z.pgrb2af12 for the day 20181205 and forecast hr
012 with the WWMCA file "wwmca_0p5deg_2018120512.nc, for METv6.1  grid_stat() function it uses
20181205_060000 as valid_time. The output files reflect that too. Is there a way to force it to take 0012 as the valid time?

Thank you
suseela