[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #93298] History for NetCDF input to Grid Stat

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 3 11:33:46 MST 2019

We'd like to stick to verifying gridded forecasts and gridded observations here at CPC.

Our forecasts and observations are all in NetCDF 4, and are not entirely CF-compliant. So I guess here are my specific questions for now:

(1) Can Grid Stat read NetCDF 4?
(2) Since our NetCDF files are not entirely CF-compliant, is there some way to tell MET (in a config file, for example) what the names of the time and space dimensions are?
(3) If these are not possible, will they be in a future version of MET?

Thanks a lot,
Mike